Get in touch for expert advice

What is a Religious Worker Visa?

A Religious Worker Visa is for those who wish to do religious work and it replaced the T5 Temporary Worker’s Religious Worker Visa. You must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licenced sponsor before you can apply to come and work in the UK and the work you do must relate to your sponsor’s organisations work.

How long can I stay?

You will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months and you can enter the UK 14 days before the start of the job.

What can I do or cannot do?

You can study, work for the sponsor in the job described in the certificate of sponsorship, do a second job in the same sector at the same level as the main job for up to 20 hours per week do a job on a skilled worker shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week outside the work of the main job. You cannot get public funds.

If you are granted entry clearance leave to remain you can be joined or accompanied by a dependent partner and dependent children under the age of 18.

What are the financial requirements for a Religious Worker’s Visa?

Unless you have been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months or your sponsor agrees to cover your costs during your first months in the UK, you will need to have at least £1,270 in your Bank account for at least 28 days ending not more than 31 days before the date of your Religious Worker Visa application. There are no English language requirements.

Can I extend my stay as a Religious Worker?

If you make a successful application to extend your stay in this route you will be granted further leave to remain for a period of either the difference between the period you have already spent in the UK and the 24 months of the period of the role. However, 24 months is the maximum length of time you will be permitted to be sponsored as a Religious Worker route. This route does not lead to settlement but you may be able to switch into another immigration route that can lead to settlement.

Can I switch into a Temporary Religious Worker route in country?

Switching into this route from within the UK is not permitted. You must make an entry clearance application from overseas.

Danielle invites you to take a look at her blog, where you will see the diverse range of clients that she has helped.

If you have any questions about the process or would like to apply for a scale up visa please contact Danielle or call on 020 7267 4133. Danielle will only charge you for the first consultation if you decide to become her client and if she can assist you.

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority