We aim to provide a high standard of professional service and, if at any time you feel that this is not being maintained, please discuss it with the fee earner responsible for the matter concerned. We aim to achieve satisfactory resolution of complaints where possible, as set out in our complaint procedure. If this is not possible, Danielle Cohen will deal with the matter. The Principal can be contacted as follows:
0207 267 4133
Our aim is to ensure that you:
- Receive a prompt response and our assurance that the matter is being reviewed
- Are satisfied that the complaint has been dealt with seriously
- Are notified as soon as possible of the outcome
- If appropriate and if you agree, either the fee earner responsible for the matter or Danielle Cohen will attempt to resolve your complaint. Danielle Cohen will in any event be notified of the complaint in order that it may be recorded in our central register.
- The fee earner responsible will contact you within two days of making the complaint to discuss the situation and clarify the nature of the complaint if necessary.
- Danielle Cohen will investigate the complaint by seeking information from the member of staff concerned, from the documents on the file and from anyone else who may be involved.
- The fee earner responsible will contact you again within five days from first making contact with you, with a proposal for resolution of the complaint.
- If in the course of the investigation we think it would be helpful, we may invite you to meet Danielle Cohen to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. Within five days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions we have agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint as above.
If we have not satisfactorily dealt with the complaint within 8 weeks you may refer the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman can be found on his website www.legalombudsman.org.uk. You will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within one year of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.