Get in touch for expert advice

At Danielle Cohen Solicitors we can help you to prepare your application for Leave to Enter or Leave to Remain in the UK as a student. Our expertise in this field is well-known and, in the absence of an appeal right, it is particularly important to succeed the first time around. Studying in a UK university will give you the opportunity to enjoy a high quality of academic teaching while developing a large network of contacts and friendships.

Who Can apply for Tier 4 (General) Visa?

Tier 4 visas are for individuals who wish to come to UK as students and there are two categories (1) Tier 4 (child) for those who are under 17, and (2) Tier 4 (general) if you are over 16 years.

What is a Tier 4 (General) Visa?

The Tier 4 (General) Visa is a student visa for non-EEA and Swiss nationals who wish to study in the UK and are 16 or older.

What are the requirements for a Tier 4 (General) Visa

You may apply for a Tier 4 (General) Visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and meet the following criteria:

  1. You have been offered an unconditional place on a course provided by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor;
  2. You can speak, read, write and understand English. Applicants will normally need to pass a test to prove their knowledge of English;
  3. You have sufficient funds to support yourself and pay for your course. This amount will vary depending on where you will be studying;
  4. Are from a country that is not located in the EEA or Switzerland; and
  5. Meet the Home Office’s other Eligibility Requirements, including payment of visa application fees.

Conditions of a Tier 4 (General) Visa

You may apply for your Tier 4 (General) Visa up to 3 months before the start of your course.

Get in touch for expert advice

Permitted Activities under a Tier 4 (General) Visa

Admitted students under a Tier 4 (General) Visa may:

  1. Study;
  2. Apply to extend their stay;
  3. Apply to bring in dependents to the UK; and
  4. Work in most jobs, though this will vary depending on the nature of their course and the nature of their sponsors.

Non-Permitted Activities under a Tier 4 (General) Visa

Admitted students under a Tier 4 (General) Visa may not:

  1. Study at a ‘maintained school’;
  2. Have access to public funds; and
  3. Work in certain jobs.

Get in touch for expert advice

How we can assist you

Danielle Cohen Solicitors can help you at any stage in your Tier 4 (General) Visa Application. We are able to advise you as to whether your course meets the Home Office’s criteria and provide you with a clear explanation regarding the various eligibility and maintenance requirements. We are also able to advise you on any dependents you wish to bring in to the UK with you during the course of your studies.

Additionally, we will assist you (and any dependents) in the preparation of your Application, including filling out and submitting the application form and helping you prepare the requisite documentation required by the Home Office.

We can also assist in extending your Tier 4 (General) Visa or help you switch to this visa.

Danielle invites you to take a look at her blog, where you will see the diverse range of clients that she has helped.

If you have any questions about the process or would like to apply for a Tier 4 (General) Visa, please contact Danielle on 020 7267 4133. Danielle will only charge you for the first consultation if you decide to become her client and if she can assist you.

Contact Us! Leave Your Details or Call 020 7267 4133

The Firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority